20091203

cisco sta1520 (sdv tuning adapter)

after using the required tuning adapter with my tivo s3 recorder for a couple of months now, i can definitely say that this piece of equipment did not improve my cable service. in fact, it completely sucks. there are a couple of problems.

the first is that it reboots on almost a daily basis. and when it does, if i happen to be recording something, even if the source is a hd signal from my outdoor antenna and not a cable channel, it cancels my recording.

the second problem is that on many occasions, the hd channels that i do watch from the cable source are coming in very pixelated, to the point of dropping audio completely and making the video entirely unwatchable. before the tuning adapter was installed, my hd signals from cable were rock-solid. if the point of the sdv tuning system is to ease up on bandwidth usage, why is the picture quality now worse than before?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I have had the same problems. I got rid of the adapter and accepted that I can't watch SDV channels.